Promoting innovation in the Adriatic Region
DAY 1: September 27th 2016 - afternoon session
14.00 – Registration. Welcome Coffee.
14.30 – Opening Remarks
- Maurizio Fermeglia, Rector, University of Trieste
- Susanna Zaccarin, Director, DEAMS
- Paola di Salvatore, IPA Adriatic CBC, Managing Authority
15.00 – 17.30 – The Long Road from Research to Innovation: Technology Transfer and Beyond
- Andrea Tracogna, PACINNO project leader, University of Trieste: PACINNO project: main outcomes and first appraisals.
- Andrea Piccaluga, President Netval, Italy: The challenge of TT in Italian universities
- Giorgio Sulligoi, Deputy Rector for Business Relations, University of Trieste, Building a local Innovation System: the experience of the University of Trieste
- Vanja Rangus, Expert member of the Advisory Group on Science with and for Society, European Commission: The transfer of best practices in the Adriatic Region: challenges and opportunitis
- Nicola Redi, Vertis, Italy: TT and academic entrepreneurship. The perspective of investors
- Ivan Curzolo, Head of Joint Technical Secretariat, Interreg Italia-Croatia, The European Structural and Investment Funds 2014-2020: opportunities for the Adriatic region
17.30 – 18.00 – Official signature of the Memorandum of Understanding between:
- Netval Association Italy
- University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Institute Mihailo Pupin, Serbia
- Cobik, Slovenia
- University of Trieste, Italy
- School of Economics and Business of Sarajevo, B&H
- Ionian University, Greece
- University of Tirana, Albania
- Faculty of Economics, University of Montenegro
18.00 – Closing of the first session. Cocktail
20.00 – Gala dinner
DAY 2: September 28th 2016 - morning session
9.00 – 11.15 – What Innovation policies for the Adriatic Region?
- Claudio Cozza, University of Trieste: Presentation of the Pacinno Research Findings and Innovation Policy Recommendations
- Stefan Schepers, High Level group on Innovation Policy Management, Brussels: Governance innovation: the basis for economic and social innovation.
- Ales Gnamus, S3 Platform, EC JRC-IPTS, Seville: The role of Smart Specialization Strategies (S3) in supporting innovation and growth in the EU macro-regions.
- Mario Cervantes, Senior Economist, OECD: Fostering Innovation at Universities and Public Research Centres.
- Ammar Miraščija, Head of the Science Department, Ministry of Civil Affairs, B&H
- Danica Ramljak, Science and Innovation Expert, World Bank, Croatia: Innovation Policy Mix: an overview for Adriatic Area.
- Carlo Casadei, Province of Rimini, The experience of SmartInno (IPA Adriatic strategic project)
11.15 – 11.30 – Coffee break
11.30 – 13.30 – High Tech and Science-Based entrepreneurship in the Adriatic Region: can it work?
Presentation of success stories
- Nicholas Caporusso - DbGlove
- Marko Guček – GoOpti
- Marco Pavan, H-Farm, Italy
- Fabrizio Rovatti, Innovation Factory, Italy
- Aleš Pustovrh, ABC Accelerator, Slovenia
- Edin Mehic, Networks.ba, B&H
- Boris Golob, Science and Technology Park, University of Rijeka, Croatia
- Antonija Mršić, Head of sector for international cooperation and innovation, Ministry of Entrepreneurship and Crafts, Croatia
- Mitja Ruzzier, University of Primorska, Slovenia
Moderator: Guido Bortoluzzi, University of Trieste
13.30 – Light lunch
14.30 - 18.30 – Visit to some of the major academic-scientific institutions of Trieste